What you'll need:
- wood ornament
- paint brush (or foam brush)
- Mod Podge (or white glue)
- craft paper (wrapping paper/photos etc.)
- round punch
- stencil (optional)
Tip: You can get these supplies at your local Dollar Store.
Step #1: Painting the ornament
- Choose your favourite color paint and using a paint or foam brush, paint the wood ornament.
- You may even choose to paint each side of the ornament different colors
- Even use multiple colors all over - be creative!
Tip: Ensure the colors you choose to paint the ornament will complement the stickers or paper decorations, so that they will stand out.
Step #2: Decorating the ornament
Option 1: Using foam stickers
- Start with the large size sticker, peel off back and stick it in the center of the ornament.
- For a layered effect, choose the medium size sticker and stick on on top of the large one.
- Repeat with the smallest sticker.
Tip: Layer using light then dark color stickers or vice versa, so that they will stand out.
Option 2: Using paper or photos
- Using decorative paper or even a photo, cut out a 1" circle that can be placed in the center of the ornament.
- Apply the Mod Podge to the center of your ornament, then place your paper/photo in center and hold in place for a moment.
- Once it's in place, then you can apply a coat of the Mod Podge to the entire surface.
- Let dry, and you're done!
Option 3: Using paint
- Paint a picture, your initial(s) or the year in the center of the ornament.
- Use your imagination!
- Let dry and then you can apply a coat of the Mod Podge to the entire surface of the ornament.
Step #3: Attaching the string to the ornament
- Put the loop through the hole.
- Put the tied end through the loop.
- Pull tight and slide the beads down.
The finished ornaments!